Sage Pay (previously Protx) provides secure online credit card and debit card payment solutions for thousands of online and mail order businesses across the UK. We are proud to offer Sage Pay Go to process transactions at your ecommerce store. Sage pay Go is the most popular and secure online transaction solution with 128 bits encryted data transmission run from shopping carts to Sage server. Simply follow the following steps to accepting Sage Pay Go - Form today!
Step 1: Get a Merchant Account from your bank
In order to be able to take payments online you must have an Internet Merchant Number from one of the following acquiring banks:
- Natwest Streamlines - www.streamlines.com
- HSBC Card Processing - www.hsbc.co.uk
- Lloyds TSB Cardnet - www.lloydstsbcardnet.com
- Bank of Scotland - www.bankofscotland.co.uk
- Barclays Merchant Services - /www.barclaycardbusiness.co.uk
- Alliance and Leicester - www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk
- American Express
- Diners Club
- JCB (Japan Credit Bureau)
When Sage Pay capture credit card details from your buyers, the information will then be forwarded to the bank for verification and authorisation, using your Internet Merchant Number as a unique identifier.
Step 2: Apply for Protx VSP Form
Apply your Sage Pay account at Sage Pay Online Application Form for eShop-Systems:
- Click the "Apply" link to begin your application.
- Create new account by entering relevant information about your business.
- Select "Custom Integration" or eShop-Systems from the Shopping Cart Software listing.
- Select "Linux" as the operating platform and "PHP" as the scripting language.
- Select "Form" as your Sage Pay Go payment system.
- Enter your Internet Merchant Account details. Return to this later if you not already have one.
- You are now ready to use the Simulation and Test transactions on your store.
Step 3: Configure your store account for Sage Pay Go
- Login to your store control panel and go to the "Payment Options" page.
- Create Sage Pay payment method using the drop down menu.
- Enter your Sage Pay Account Username, Encrypted Password, Security Options and Transaction Type in the fields provided. Please refer to Sage Pay Technical Guide for AVS/CCV2 and 3D Secure settings.
- Click the Submit button to save your setting.
Step 4: Test and Simulate Transactions
To test the Sage Pay payment system, change the Transaction Type to "Test" in the control panel. The Test transaction is an exact copy of the Live site, but without the banks attached. Authorisations on the test server are only simulated, but the user experience is identical to Live. Use the below cards for test transaction.
|Card Type||Card Number||Issue||CV2||Address||PostCode|
|Visa Credit||4929 0000 0000 6||123||88||412|
|MasterCard Credit||5404 0000 0000 0001||123||88||412|
|Visa Debit / Delta||4462 0000 0000 0003||123||88||412|
|Solo||6334 9000 0000 0005||1||123||88||412|
|UK Maestro||5641 8200 0000 0005||01||123||88||412|
|American Express||3742 0000 0000 004||123||88||412|
|Visa Electron||4917 3000 0000 0008||123||88||412|
|JCB||3569 9900 0000 0009||123||88||412|
|Diner's Club||3600 0000 0000 08||123||88||412|
To Simulate the response of various transaction types, change the Transaction Type in your store's control panel to "Simulation". The Sage Pay simulation system is a test environment simulates all possible responses from real transactions.
When you are happy with your Sage Pay account, change the Transaction Type to "Live" and you can now accept Credit and Debit card payments.